Monday, April 13, 2015

90 Lb Military press, barbell back squats (!), belt squats, pushups, and misc



Wow. didn't expect this to happen. My shoulder felt great today and didn't hurt at all during the press. Usually it takes a million warmup reps with a stick to start feeling like I can even press at all but today it was ONE stick warmup and I made decent jumps.

Glenn was out today so a weird angle on the press but man it felt so much better than it has in years! almost normal. I've been getting shoulder adjustments by the PT at our studio and it's making a HUGE difference. I knew the shoulder was out but could not get it to settle by myself. Mark McMahan from Revolutions did the trick . Wow is all I can say. SO much better


Military press
 stick x 10
45 x 5
65 x 5
75 x 5
90 x 5 x 6
not a pr but  I'm gotten to this weight sooner in the cycle than before and that is good. Plus it felt great in the rack and going up. Definitely could have done way more today.

Barbell back squats
45 x 5 x 2
65 x 6 x 3

lol, One big indicator my shoulder is better is that I can get under the squat bar again. I haven't been able to for YEARS! Once it went back in I realized I could and today was the best
Just some light high bar squats and they felt excellent! Just being able to hold the bar on the back was amazing! It really stretches the pecs and delts out just the way I need them too.

Belt squats
 32 kg x 15 x 4 sets
solid burn and pump

floor pushups
18, 13, 12, 10 PR!

One db rear delt
12 lbs x 4 x 12
cable curls
cable tri ext

skipped sled today and did the little stuff instead. the rows and rear delts are helping the shoulder too.

ok, day off tomorrow then 18min of swing vo2 on wednesday!

I'm very glad i didn't stop trying to get the shoulder to act more normal.Sometimes it takes longer than others but you won't know if you can do it if you quit.

NeverQuit!

No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...