Wednesday, June 03, 2015

24 kg Swing Vo2, 13 min, walking lunges, horiz pushups, kb rows

It's interesting how back off weeks are harder than testing weeks, Of course last week we tested twice, and basically at 100% effort so it's not surprising but it is interesting how 13 min can be some much harder than 20 under the right circumstances.

BUT it wasn't as hard as it was a few weeks ago after my second 20 min workout so it's getting better but everything was just a bit stiff and  tight and tired.

Used more adrenaline than I thought for those workouts as I feel that definitely under repair.
 But I expected it so it wasn't that bad.

Swing vo2
24 kg
260 swings
13,780 lbs work

A very much workingman's pace , just bend down and swing my ten reps as fast and powerfully as possible then try to get some air in 12 seconds. Then repeat til the clock says we can stop.
Certainly as much a mental effort as a physical one.

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps

these too were hard and I had to stop and take  breath 3/4 the way back on the last two laps. again expected no stress

Horiz bar pushups
20
15
10
8

shoulders and tri's need a break. Last two sets were done much slower and with lockout semi holds

KB row
3 x 6/6 with 24 kg

again backing off. Sore and tired

ok ruck tomorrow and really looking forward to it

datsit
neverquit

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

With Vo2 swings, do you set a timer and see how many swings can be done in a certain time (i.e. 20 min)?

Mark Reifkind said...

Bear

I swing 10 reps per 15 seconds and rest 15 seconds. that's one set. I do this for varying times ( 13 min, 16 min 18, etc). and I do set a timer

Unknown said...

Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle. See the link below for more info.


#effort
www.ufgop.org

Unknown said...

Life is a battle, if you don't know how to defend yourself then you'll end up being a loser. So, better take any challenges as your stepping stone to become a better person. Have fun, explore and make a lot of memories.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...