Saturday, June 06, 2015

32 kg One Arm Swings, Split squats, floor pushups, bar hangs



definitely needed a bit of a back off day today. So we stayed with 12/12 on the rep count but back off the total number of sets/reps from our PR. But I couldn't resist banging out 20/20 on the last set just to see how it went ( as well as combine the last two sets together )

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 3/3
32 kg  x 12/12 x 8 sets
           x 20/20
232 reps
16,240 lbs

everything's good just a bit CNS fatigued from the last two weeks ( not just training, work has been hectic too, it all adds up)

Bulgarian Split squats
3 sets of 10/10 ( rear foot up on bench)

Nice, The perfect single leg exercise now. Last time I tried these, months and months ago I wasn't ready for them. Like them for several reason. Both legs are working simultaneously and the rear leg is getting a hell of a stretch with the leg elevated . I can really tailor the amount of work between the legs ( left leg will be getting more work very soon), and I can load it
So this is technically a split squat whereas Wednesday's work are lunges. I need this single leg work bad
Still haven't forgotten about pistols either :)

Just did three sets as I want to see the after effect tomorrow. Should be fine. ready to take the left leg to another level

Pullup bar hangs

this is coming along well. 4 sets of between 15-20 second full hangs no problems, I'm going to try a different approach to chins this time. REALLY getting the hangs comfortable first and then adding in some basic swings on the bar to try to get the shoulders to release that way. we'll see

Parallel bar pushup
20
20
15

shoulders and tri's are still tired. makes sense, so we backed off

skipped upper back work. it was enough work for today
heavy ruck tomorrow too

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...