Monday, June 29, 2015

90 lb Mil Press( 75%) 8x3, barbell hacks, floor pushups ( total pr) ,sled, 32 kg row



Solid day today and the five pound jump from last week's workload seemed very easy and the weight felt light.I haven't thought of this training for my press as "speed work" but it looks like it's turning out to be.
I'd forgotten what  it felt like to accelerate a bar. The better my shoulders feels of course the easier it is to concentrate on something else, rather than just finding a position that doesn't suck.

Shoulder was good today and I'm remembering to lean back right from the start and then just hold that position. It is totally my bench press arch, lol. Never thought it would turn out handy again.
Still, I would trade it in an instant for a kettlebell press, it is just that much cooler to me.
Soon though, soon,
Until then I won't be greedy and be happy I can press anything at all

mil press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
75 x 3
95 x 3 x 8 sets

Barbell hacks
35 x 15
55 x 12
75 x 10 x 4
these are good but I know there is a better move for me for this day. Might re try goblets again it might fit better with the press

Floor Pushup
25
20
20
20

85 total reps PR!

these felt very solid! Every time before I did a set of 25 reps it just killed the sets afterward. This turns a corner

Sled
105 lbs x 250 ft x 4

not that bad maybe legs are turning a corner along with my heat adaptation

kb row
32 kg x 5 x 3 sets PR!

this was HEAVY ,lol! but it got done.
I just choose this weight because I didn't want to do it at all much less a lot of reps so i went heavy :)
that's my top end though

AM BW 162.4

not bad for after a weekend

ok rest day then another attempt at snatch Vo2 on wednesay

datsit
neverquit

2 comments:

Power My Self Bodybuilding said...

My weight loss adventure has been an up and down roller coaster kind of journey. Your post and tips are awesome! It puts me into another perspective for my self update plan. thank you for this!
http://powermyself.com/

Mark Reifkind said...

hey thanks for the comment! good to know someone's reading this and it helps! keep it going

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...