Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sunday Ruck light and loose



A surprise today as my legs felt light and loose from the start, something I didn't expect after yesterday's training. It was hot and humid very early this morning but it didn't bother me at all, a very good sign my heat tolerance is getting better.

I should be in stellar shape by the end of the summer

Even the full 50lb ruck felt light on my back. Time to bump it up a pound or two.

50 lb ruck
12 laps
10 30 sec pause squats
1:55 min
11th lap pace = 8:05 !!
( wasn't even trying. SO nice when the legs are loose)

Definitely starting to feel like I have some autopilot in my legs now. I remember this feeling. You just turn them on and they go. Don't have to 'pick em up and put 'em down' one step at a time although this only lasted 8 laps.
The last four were hard. Not super hard but hard enough.
Still very happy with conditioning and recovery

75 % presses tomorrow 90 lbs for 8 x 3

datsit
neverquit

2 comments:

Kikolu said...

I always wondered what your marathon pr is?

Mark Reifkind said...

I only ran one official marathon, 6 months after I started running 4:23.
I knew then that road races were not for me and started training for ultra's on trails.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...