Saturday, July 18, 2015

36 kg One arm swings ( PR tie),2 24 kg swings, Box Pistols, parallel bar pushups, hangs



Strong day today. Slept well and slept longer than normal and had an easy night last night. Ready to go. This was not easy but I could work it hard and that's good stuff. Went for my PR from the start 10/10 x 10 sets.

Technique felt solid and lungs and back cooperated as well.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 3/3
36 kg x 10/10 x 10 sets
200 reps ( ties PR)
16,000 lbs

Two Bell swings
2 20's x 10
2 22's x 10
2 24's x 10


these felt much better than last week; I went more than  little bit wider and that helped a lot. Joe Sarti wanted me to comment on the first 15 second of the video; the point where I am setting up and taking my time to do so,
This is an old habit I got back from gymnastics( side horse particularly) where I really wanted to get my body completely "there" before I started as in gymnastics routines the second you start you have to be immediately up to speed! No easing into it.
This transferred as well into powerlifting too as the same dynamic is at work: zero to sixty in no time flat.
For my swings I really make sure to get the weight distributed exactly where I want it  and my body as rooted to the ground as possible before I go. Once the trajectory is set it's not impossible to change it but it's not easy. And the heavier the load the tougher it is.
I don't even notice it these days but Joe wanted me to mention it so here it is.

It's also a time to mentally really key in to what I'm about to do and the goals I have for the set. No reason to rush the setup at all.

Box Pistols
Left leg only
2 x 5 with Oly shoes
2 x 5 with vibrams



I changed a lot of things from last week here, I moved the box in more so I could reach forward instead of to the side, I raised the rails so I had more support earlier in the movement and I REALLY concentrated on not sitting back when I hit resistance on the descent,

It definitely felt better this way with the heels on but as soon as I went back to barefoot it felt WAY better, SO vibrams it is!

Parallel bar pushups
3 sets of 20

strong strong strong

Hangs
3 sets of 30 seconds

have to do these daily

ok great session. bodyweight lower today too ( 160.6) think I 'm headed down to 158 just to see how it feels. I like being lighter when it's this hot anyway. Feel really good.
big ruck tomorrow

datsit
Neverquit!

No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...