Saturday, July 04, 2015

48 kg One Arm Swings, 2 24 kg swings, airborne lunges, pushups





Rough one today. My elbow has not been seated correctly ever since those reverse pushup and it was not happy at all today and last night was no fun at all either. I've had this before, the radius in not in the right place and everything else around it spasms.
This reminded quite nicely of how i used to live my life; in pain, basically, interspered with tons of work trying to unfuck myself.

Got up in the middle of the night and used the voodoo floss to decompress it and that worked surprisingly well. Got an excellent adjustment and fell right back to sleep :) I thought I would be able to swing, and also that the swing might traction it back into the right position- and it worked fairly well.

But two of my partners are out of town for holiday and Nick showed up with his back locked up from too much travel and not enough stretching.

So it was a challenge but it turned out well and the swings were strong!

One arm swing
16 kg x 5/5 x2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 4/4
32 kg x 4/4
40 kg x 4/4
48 kg x 5/5 x 10
100 reps
10,600 lbs

love me some five rep sets!



Double bell swings
2 20's x 10
2 24's x 10 x 5
 these were surprisingly strong! Liked the variation of the sumo stance for a change. used to hate it, now it's a welcome relief!

Airbone Lunges

Got these from Max Shank's new Book Ultimate Athleticism. It seems like the perfect answer to my need to do a left leg only workout. My left thigh is still an inch smaller than the right. It's growing but so is the right.
This seemed like a good move, especially because I am so weak at it! And, it didn't seem to activate my back or sacrum like pistols do.
Excellent regressions and progressions to work on too

Five sets of 8-10 reps

Horizontal pushups
4 sets of 8-10

wanted to see how the elbow would treat this with a normal hand position and while it wasn't perfect at all it seemed re doing the correct pattern, with a normal elbow groove helped but I didn't push it too far


Three sets of hangs from chin bar with both grips seemed fine and had no problem doing so, which was weird. But the shoulder ROM continues to improve,

Long hot ruck tomorrow!

datsit
never quit and Freedom  On!

Happy Independence day!

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...