Monday, July 13, 2015

85% Military press (100lbs), Box Pistols, floor pushups, sled, kb row



It's so much easier to press when you shoulders don't hurt :)
Go figure.

Solid day today,. 85% loads for doubles. One interesting part of this lower rep percentage work is the development of speed in each rep. I haven't been consciously been trying to move the bar faster , it just is.

Military press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
65 x 2
85 x 2
100 x 2 x 8 sets

each better than the last  took my usual four sets to warmup but it was strong after that. The hangs are really paying off.

Box Pistols


these are coming along well. I tried a rep with no support and the balance wasn't there, Now I'm thinking I should play with a counter weight as well as the support but the depth is getting there.

4 sets of 5 reps.
This definitely is working the hell out of my left leg. Time to start ramping up the reps towards ten if I want some growth from these.Just as with my iso squats no hurry to do these unsupported.
Warmed up with some kickstand squats too, left leg forward and those are going to play a big part in this.

Floor pushups
4 sets of 20 reps!
80 total

shoulder and elbow both 100% :)

Sled drag
250 ft x 4 x 105 lbs

tough but strong. and definitely can feel the left leg has gotten extra work

kb rows
 20 kg x 10/10 x 3

excellent! Wednesday is 40 sets of snatch vo2 then we start alternating swing and snatch day workouts

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...