Monday, July 27, 2015

Military press 85 lbs,40 kg belt squat,Floor pushups ( pr) sled pull, side delts



Going backwards to move forward. Went back to 5x5's for my re start and about 63% of max. This was excellent and really let me concentrate on details, things that I saw from the last cycle and especially the top end.
I want to be able to touch the bar to my chest so I opened up my grip about 1/2 inch wider on each side and this time it worked! I also wanted to work on the overhead lockout and that was better too with the wider grip.

I just think all the extra hanging I've been doing is really paying off and my overhead position in general is much improved. This technique is letting my lats release better than anything else, and they were what was keeping shoulder flexion down. That and tight intercostals and serratus and the hangs are helping those, too.

I also made bigger jumps too another great sign. Small nuance changes can spell big overall changes overtime as well

Military press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 5 x 6 sets

easiest this weight has ever been!

Belt squat
40 kg x 10
          x 12
          x 14
          x 15

strong here too!

Floor pushups
4 sets of 22 ( set/rep pr)
88 reps

this is coming along very well

Sled pull
127 x 250 ft x 2 laps ( mistake - forgot to unload 10 kg plate!)
105 x 250 x 2

this was good. I've been needing to up the weight a bit here. strong day to do it

Wednesday is snatch vo2 30 sets of 7. going to be 100deg+ so it should be EPIC!

datsit
neverquit.

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...