Monday, August 31, 2015

110 lb Military press( PR tie), 36 kg Belt squat, 40 rep pushup PR,Sled drag and crawls/rear delt



Very strong day today. All parts attached and  a"go" although I was tired all day for no good reason. Slept well and enough but must have waken up at an odd time in my sleep cycle because I just couldn't get going, no matter how much caffeine :)
 Of course it couldn't have been jumping right back on the horse with 40 kg swings and heavy rucks? Naw, just gettin' old :)

But I forgot how strong one can be when they don't feel good coming into the workout. PLUS I was solo as Glenn is out of town working. Hot as shit too for good measure.
Shoulders are still as plumb and even as I can ever remember too, and holding. Elbow back to normal too.

Was going to play it by ear and it worked out strong!

Mil Press
 stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
95 x 1
110 x 5 x 5 tie PR!

this STRONG and much more solid than the first time I did it. Thought about putting on 115 and doing 3's but decided it was a big enough jump from last weeks 95 lbs and I was right. By the last set I was tuckered out. But shoulders felt good, speed was decent and overhead ok as well.
Much harder to concentrate on the lockout when I have five heavy reps to do :)
The Innov8's were perfect here as well, Much better rooting for me than the Risto's

Belt squat
36 kg x15 x 4 sets
 great groove here as well and most reps/set I've one in a long time. Again the shoes felt perfect. Legs felt properly cooked.

Floor pushups
1 x 40 PR!! five more reps than last pr. very solid
1 x 16 lol cooked triceps!
1 x 15 done!

Sled pull
105 x 250 ft x 3 laps

Leopard Crawls
1 x 50 ft.

have to put these back in. felt great.

Band rear delts
3 sets 15 with red band

I do like this version.

solid solid day

BW = 162.4 this AM

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...