Saturday, September 19, 2015

32 kg One Arm Swings, 12's, 28 kg double cleans,kb lunges, horiz pushups, side delts



Solid solid workout. I knew it was going to be good the second I hiked the 32 kg back and it felt light in my hand. Always a good sign.
It was tougher cardio wise then I expected but I think that's because I was trying to, and able, to really accelerate each and every rep as hard as I could. The second half of the second hand was always tough but getting this power out is the idea.
Maximize power and speed on heavy day and try to do the same on speed and volume day when it is lighter. It's so much easier for me to deal with being out of breath and still trying to keep acceleration of the bell high when I know I get a decent rest after the set :)

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 12/12 x 10 sets
240 reps
16,800 lbs work

this was the most consistent power output I have ever done with this weight for this many reps. and that is the goal, 12' are tough though,lol. Anything over 7 reps per arm is freakin' long
each set took about 35-40 seconds and rest/ sets about 90 seconds ( two man crew today)

Double cleans
2 20s x 5
2 24's x 5
2 28s x 5 PR


these were HARD. especially the 28''s which I think my previous best was triples. Just didn't have a lot of gas in the tank at this point. But, they got done! Need to bend my knees more on the backswing. next time

KB Lunge


these were still tough! but they really are good. I can remember when I tried to do these in the first year of my TKR recovery and could not at all so this is good progress and that's what counts

Horiz Pushups
20
20
15

55 total reps.

beat.

db side laterals
3 x 12 with 12 lbs

these are getting better and right shoulder mechanics are virtually identical to right

big ruck tomorrow. last one for ten days or more

datsit
neverquit


No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...