Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday Ruck

This was the first long ruck in quite awhile by myself. Tracy is still in Vietnam so it was just me today. No problem and it's always different when you go by yourself or with a partner, whether it's running rucking or cycling. You fall into a different pace, breath, mindset.

Not better or worse, just different.

 Legs and back felt fine after yesterday's heavy but small workload.

51.5 lb ruck
1 hr 55 min time
12 laps
5 30 second iso squats
5th lap time = 8:05
12 laps time 7:48

fast from the start.

wore the salomon's today for the first time for a full weight 2 hr session. they were just fine, even perhaps better than the combat boots.  plenty of support and cushioning and they move well

ok barbell presses tomorrow

datsit
neverquit

4 comments:

Monika said...

May I ask how long one lap is? Do you do your ruck laps at a track?

Monika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark Reifkind said...

each lap is .45 mile. It's a park near my house with a dirt track. we do 12 laps like that. I hate walking or running on concrete

Monika said...

That sounds lovely. I live in Suburbia, and even the paths through the parks are paved.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...