Wednesday, January 06, 2016

20 kg Speed swings, 10 min. sandbag walking lunges,parallel pushups, rear delts

Thank goodness my neck cleared up enough to let me move normally. Nothing like getting a little pain re run of what my life used to be to bring it all back REAL FAST. Up in the middle of the night rolling, massaging, moving anyway I can think of to help reduce pain and restore normal ROM asap.
Plus sleep is shit cause you're in pain and if that goes on for more than a few days it really catches up!

I actually don't know how I did it for so many years now. You get used to it I guess because you really don't have another choice.
Plus I had forgotten a little just how hard it is to concentrate on anything but getting unlocked when shit locks up or you! It demands attention and that is draining as well.

But I got it unlocked in the same way I always have; work the tissue to unglue it and make it softer and more pliable and then RESTORE NORMAL RANGE OF as fast as possible. regardless of how small the movements. No pain allowed but move it move it move and loosen it!

Some NSAIDs to break the pain cycle and let me move it more. then things just fall back into place. It only was since Sunday night but it seemed like a long time. I'm SO done with being in pain. thats for sure.

I knew swinging light would also help press the reset button; going back to movements that didn't hurt just the other day.

Speed swings
20 kg
20 sets of 10 15:15
200 reps
8800 lbs
10 minutes

this was perfect. Neck felt fine and bell moved fast and high and strong! very good power the whole set and I was barely breathing hard at all too.
This will be the protocol on this part of the cycle a real unloading with short work time and lighter bell

Walking lunges sandbag
30 lbs x 20 steps x 5 sets

actually getting a little better but I did light work before and that obviously makes a difference

Parallel bar pushups
3 sets of 15 slow, deep and with concentration

easy but worked me because of the high tension with slow speed.

Rear delts
3 sets o 15, 12, 12 with 12 lbs

really targeting rear delt and not rhomboid with lighter bell too

ok ruck up tomorrow if weather permits

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...