Wednesday, February 24, 2016

20 min 24 kg speed swings,sandbag walkinglunges, parallel pushups, side delts


This is the fifth time I've done this 20 minute workout and while it never gets "easy" this one was just hard. Not in a 'bad' hard, just in a 'lot of work to do' hard.
The key point of this style of power training is that as the weights feel lighter and your conditioning gets better you are supposed to push harder, swing faster, accelerate the weight on the ascent and descent stronger

So it never ever changes, even as you get fitter ,lol
Lovely.
The key thing to see change in your mind strength. Today was good. Less inner chat and my mantra of "breathe, don't think, set up, go" worked pretty well

Didn't see the clock til 10 minutes in  and was just a wee but disheartened to think I had to repeat what I had just done
Shut up. Don't think.
Back to work

and then it was done. power output was good but not great and wind was too. didn't get into double breathing til after 15 minutes. Back got a little tight around 11-12 minutes but changed teshnik a bit and used my legs more and brought my head up a bit. It helped.

Recovery after was solid. My main focus was not max power but maintaining the best power I could for such a long duration. Definitely a success

Speed swings
24 kg
15:15 10 reps
40 sets
400 reps
21,200 lbs work

Sandbag lunges
4 laps of 20 steps with 30 lbs
rack walk right hand back

still getting stronger

Parallel pushups
4 sets of 20

80 rep workouts no big deal anymore

Side delts
3 sets of 15 with 15 lbs

ok ruck up tomorrow

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...