Monday, April 04, 2016

105 lb Mil Press ( deload) ,shield cast, 40 kg belt squat, floor pushups, crawls, side delts



This was a smart idea. Had to deload even though I am itching to get those plates on the bar. Probably won't be so much once I do but for now....
Switched out the Texas power bar for the York Olympic bar that is 40+ years old and I haven't touched in years. But it's better for the press being slightly more springy than the squat bar but with the paltry weight I am using probably won't notice it.
But it's York bar nonetheless and it's more cool to me right now so it stays.
Worked fine, too

Mil Press
stick x 5 x 2
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 5
105 x 5 x 5 ( great warm-up jumps )

also adjusted my hand position on the bar. I was creating some torque in the hand ala Mark Rippetoe and I think that's what's been tweaking my left shoulder a but as I get under the bar. I realized that that slight intern rotation of the hand creates a just a bit of that on the start so I switched
Set up with a false grip, then just wrap the thumbs.
Not one tweak all workout.
I think we have a winner. Puts my elbows more directly under the wrists too

One Clubbell shield cast
10 lbs x 8/8
15 x 8/8 x 2

not going to keep these in. Neither wrist nor elbow said yes so they go/

40 kg belt squat
 40 kg x 12.13.14.15

deep and strong and fast pace. worked to keep my glottis open and breathe as much as possible.

Floor pushups
3 sets of 25
1 set of 20

last set was 85 % effort . not bad after all that pressing and tri work with the clubs

Crawls
3 sets of 60 ft FAST

these are really coming along! time to add a 4th set. Almost did it today but got lazy :)

Side delts
12 lbs  x 20, 20 15
burn baby burn

SO happy I can do this move again. It's really balancing out the shoulder joint stabilizers

ok off tomorrow
datsit
neverquit

No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...