Monday, April 18, 2016

135 lb Military press 5x3 pr, 16 kg jerks,48 kg belt squat,floor pushups, crawls, side delts



This went GREAT! After Glenn put his thumb of death into my teres major and got my shoulder to release this was actually pretty easy! Most of the problem has been wondering if the  shoulder was going to move around as I unracked it. which takes TONS of focus off just moving the damn weight

But it seemed to do the trick and I could put all my focus on the press. Plus I figured out and used some very important technique tricks

First: lean back first, then press. after I set my feet  arch and lay back and then press. Don't try to press and lean back simultaneously
Second. reset the arch after each rep. It just takes a sec and puts me in a much better position
Third Keep my freaking glutes tight ,tight and tighter. Makes HUGE difference with a seriously stable base as opposed to a loose one.

Mil Press
stick  x 5 x 2
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 3
105 x 3
120 x 1
135 x 3 x 5 sets PR!!

strong I could have done 5 sets of 4 no problem. It IS possible I am just two weeks off 135 x 5 x 5 but it's probably closer to 4

One KB Jerks
3 sets of 8/8 with 16 kg.
Left side was actually decent. right side took a lot more but I could almost do it right at the end! Lots of moving parts to learn but I've been wanting to do this move since 2001 and the beginning of RKC !!!
SO much easier to do it with two knees that actually bend


48 kg Belt squats
4 sets of 12

legs were toasty after this weekend. still standing on ten pound plates

Floor pushups
3 sets of 26
1 set of 20
good triceps pump too. these are solid

Crawls
3 sets of 50 feet and HOT pavement , lol

Side delts
3 x 15 with 12 lbs

another KEY move I neglected forever

ok

datsit
neverquit


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...