Wednesday, April 06, 2016

24 kg Speed swings 12 min, 35 lb walking lunges,parallel pushups,rear delts



Really used this as mental prep for saturday's 40 kg test. Watched the clock this time making sure to gauge effort and pacing as I though about it being  Saturday. Can't believe how fast five minutes were over; I'm sure it won't be so easy on Sat but it's just not that long anymore.
Pleased with the effort today, it was strong and I could keep power up very well the entire time.
Body parts all felt good.
Had a solid hour  of bodymaintenance this morning and it was easy. Almost nothing to work on which is freaky in itself, Don't think I ever though it would get to this. thanks G-d for my new knee.
Got all the tissue soft though and worked especially on the TRX scapula ROM really really really love that. making the biggest difference in my shoulder overhead position in eons.
Finally seeing progress.

Speed Swings
24 kg
15;15
12 min
240 reps
12, 720 lbs
RPE 7  ( rate of perceived exertion )  going to add this in from now on

it was the first hot day all year so summers's coming and heat shape is right behind. It's never fun but you're really not in shape until you are in heat shape

Walking lunges 35 lb sandbag
Increased the sandbag weight 5 lbs and MAN! it was noticeably tougher, Did them on concrete instead of the grass again but I'll go back next week. I tagged my kneecap trying to get full ROM on the lunge and it doesn't feel good. It inhibits me now so I'll go back to the grass

It'll take awhile to get this weight strong. but it was time

Parallel bar pushups
3 sets of 25
1 set of 20

hard but strong

rear delts
3 x 15 with 15
these feel great

ok short ruck tomorrow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog a lot lately, and I really like the idea of speed swings. I'm currently doing the Rite of Passage press ladders and pull ups. I'm going to incorporate the VO2 Max snatches on my lite day, speed swings on the medium day and end the week doing your heavy swing routine. Keep on writing!!

Mike from Ohio.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...