Wednesday, April 13, 2016

24 kg Speed Swings 17 min,walking lunges, parallel bar pushups , side delts, curls



Very interesting workout. Was feeling generally fine but still recovering from the five minute test on Saturday and the heavy presses on Monday. But I felt strong. Just a bit tired.
Kind of knew it would be tough but not worried about it at all for some reason

And there was no need to be as it was perhaps the easiest 17 minutes ever. Not the most powerful, but the easiest. I had a lower gear I could use for the first time and it was solid. Like running 8:15 minute miles instead of your normal 8:00. It was slower but steady and I went the distance strongly.

Didn't look up until 10 minutes in and it was no worries.
Did some double breathing but found I really didn't need it and it made things harder so I stopped til the last 5 minutes or so, when I actually needed it.

When I was training to race bikes there was a point where everything up to 100 miles in a ride was very tough. Then, after we did 120 mile ride over to Pescadero and back I crossed that mythical 100 mile mark and everything changed. Nothing up to 100 miles was that tough ever again. My mind had shifted and so went my body. Of course it was hard but something was different

Today felt like that for the swings. Something shifted and we got to another level

Speed swings
24 kg
15;15 x 10 reps
17 min
34 sets
340 reps
18,020  lbs 9 tons
RPE 5

Walking lunges BW
3 laps of 40 steps

same thing here. another level. a calm

Parallel pushups
 3 sets of 25
last set pretty pumped and tired

side delts/ db curls
3 sets of 15, 12 12 and 10's with 15 lbs dbs

nice

ok ruck  up tomorrow

BW 163
BF 12.1
W 56.6
pretty consistent last few days

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...