Tuesday, July 26, 2016

70% (95) Bar press x 15 singles, 40 kg belt squats,floor pushups, crawls side and rear delt

Couldn't get my ass into the 100 degree plus garage yesterday after getting off the plane at 10 so it was go time today.
It was amazing to me how badly I didn't want to move after not moving for so long. It's crazy; literally the less you move, can force yourself to move, the harder it is to ever move. and that's seriously vicious downward spiral

and that's why discipline and will power count, just to MAKE yourself get started and then things start to feel better so it's easier. But something's got to make you get going.

Percentage training starts today with 15 singles with 95 lbs, about 30 seconds rest between sets.This felt much better than I imagined it would and after 5 sets or so and warming up I was holding the rack position better and really launching it up. Plus holding the lockout better.

Mil Press
stick x 4
bar x 4
65 x 5
85 x 4
95 x 1 x 15 sets

Walkouts and holds
115 x 1
125 x 1
135 x 1

I think these are going to be very valuable for keeping in touch with the heavier loads as we go on and get into overloads about 135. Just like squat walkouts.

Belt squats
40kg x 10 x 4 sets
very easy as I needed it to be. Great to load the legs and hips and NOT my abs which were tight all weekend at the cert with so much demo'ing  and sitting for travel.

Floor pushups
2 x 25
1 x 22

wow these were much more tired than I expected but also felt great to do, to oppose chest flexion postures I've been in but I'm wondering if those light speed presses had some effect?

side delts
3 sets of 15 with 12s

rear delts
3 sets of 10 with 15s

these always make my shoulders feel more stable

Crawls
3 sets of 70 ft

solid and easier than usual

ok already feel better
Swings tomorrow 15 min

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...