Saturday, October 15, 2016

44 kg Five Minute Test done!!! PR



I had three goals going into this test:

1) Do not get hurt
2) Finish
3) Don't howl like a wounded buffalo the last half

I got 2 /3 out of three- got to howling just a bit the last two sets but this was GOOD!

I had a feeling it should be a strong test, based on my training and conditioning and overall mental confidence but you just never know when you put things to the test; almost anything can happen and murphy's law is still murphy's law

But it all went well. There are a few reps I wouldn't count , height wise but this was way stronger that the last five minute test with the 40 kg. It should be given all the training since then ( six months ago) but, again, one never knows.

Just point in fact, I HATE doing these. They always suck in some way. Five minutes of high intensity work is precisely my weakest energy system and always has been. I can ruck hard for two hours or do ONE super heavy rep but five minutes? Even with a light bell always, always hurts.

But again, it is way stronger than before AND I can now see that I can do the 48 for five minutes on my birthday in another six months

ALL the guys got their reps in too which is awesome ,especially for Glenn as we are the two silverbacks in the group and showed the young bucks that not only can we keep up but we can push them :)
He earned every bit of it though. Best training partner ever, thanks man :) Semper fi indeed.

The hardest part of course were the last five minutes and even more specifically the last 4 sets. power started to go down and breath was hard to come by. I really focused on following the bell and keeping back swing speed as high as I felt I could handle.

Let the bell swing and stomp on the gas at the right time to maximize power.
But man there was so little air :)

The bell is 60% of my bodyweight :)
 As usual though my quads and glutes were the ones with the most lactic acid. Lower back is fine and grip was too

One arm swing test
warmup
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 10/10
28 kg x 8/8  ( this actually worked and got my HR up well)
32 kg x 5/5
36 kg x 3/3
40 kg x 3/3

44 kg x 100 reps in 10 sets of 10
15:15
Big fucking PR!!

hacks
65 x 8
95 x 8
115 x 8
135 x 8

Sandbag horiz bar pushups
bw x 12
32 x 12 x 3

rear delts
3 sets of 12 with 20 lbs!!

YES YES YES!! This feel fantastic. Now I can relax a bit.

long slow ruck tomorrow

datsit
DFQ !!

BW 162
BF 11.8
W 56.8

2 comments:

Kettlebell Courage Corner Seattle WA said...

Congrats Mark! Great results. I did some swings with the 40kg today as part of my training. A successful 44kg test like what you did is STRONG.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Chris. I am very pleased with the results.I had one or two swings I wouldn't have counted but other than that I felt very strong.Until the last two sets :) more betta

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...