Sunday, October 30, 2016

Wet ruck

Walked out this morning to this beautiful sky, Much better in person, too. Beautiful deep, dark rich storm clouds brewing, and I didn't know if I would make it the whole ruck without getting soaked and I left my jacket in the house.

I thought I had a poncho in the ruck but I wasn't sure, But I did and I needed it in a bit
Body all good from yesterday which I can barely believe but it is a great sign. Hardly need to stretch or roll out, but I do, I feel as square plumb and neutral as I ever can remember being and the total body experience of it is great. And, as predicted, the more squared up I am the less I hurt and the less bodywork I need,

And the more physical work I can do with less ramifications. Not bad for a soon to be 60 year old old war horse,

50 lb Ruck
12 laps
10 isometric supported squat stretches, 30 sec each
8th lap = 7:49
12 lap = 7:35

faster than expected and easier too. Wasn't going to time any laps as I just wanted a nice break in ruck but things were going so well I got curious.
No trouble at all stepping on the gas a bit on the last lap to get a good time

Bar presses again and it's time to up the weight to 130 or 135 again.

Been practicing getups at home too. bodyweight and with 10-12 kg and that's really going well. Just a few reps a day everyday. but between my shoulders feeling way more mobile and figuring out some details to make it fit my body I'm excited about it. Just to the tall sit but that's the hard part for me

BW 162
BF 11.4
W 57.1

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...