Monday, November 21, 2016

135 lb Military Press 135 x 5 x 5,48 kg belt squats,floor pushups, side delts



Not as easy as I expected, not because of strength but because I was very tight. Didn't take enough time, in retrospect, to open up my front panel and it was hard to keep my arch during my presses.Once I was in position it was no problem but I found I was drifting in and out of the arch during each set.
The reps I was "in" the press went smoothly. If I was too forward so was the bar.
The good news is that no reps were ever in doubt if just hard.

Military Press
 stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 4
105 x 3
120 x 2
135 x 5 x 5

Belt squats ( no plates)
48 kg x  x  14 17 20 20

really really worked at flexing the quads at lockout, WAAY harder

Floor pushups
2 sets of 30
1 set of 25

had to take a break for a family emergency and finished the pushups and laterals afterward, Cooled down too much
side delts
3 sets of 15 with 15s

BW 163.6
BF 12.1
W 56.7

ok rest up tomorrow

datsit
DFQ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exercises do you do for side and rear delts? I'm on a journey for shoulder stability and incorporate standing side raises for side delt and bent over side raises for real delt. Just wondering about what is working for people succeeding at strong shoulders. Thanks for sharing your workouts. DFQ!

Mark Reifkind said...

I do old fashioned standing db laterals for the medial delts and bent over side raises for the rears. Nothing fancy. Just do it regularly and it's making a huge difference. The medial delt raises really strengthen the supraspinatus and that's usually what tears first on rotator cuff tears.

I do a LOT of the scapular work I show on my website giryastrength.com video and that's made a MAJOR difference in my shoulder mobility and pain levels

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...