Monday, November 07, 2016

135 lb Military press 4x4,1x5, 44kg belt squat,floor pushups (pr),crawls, rear delts



Finally figured out how to get my stupid biceps tendon BACK into the humeral groove. By accident of course; the last thing I tried. I used my reverse grip overhead stick stretch and 'bang' I felt it slide back into place. After that all the little neck,levator scapula and scapula tightness and pinging went right away.

I tried the windmill stretches a million times and it felt like it worked but it wouldn't stay it. This did. As usual , the only thing harder than figuring it out is remembering to do it. I think I'll remember this one.

And it really showed up during the presses, All the little adjustments I've made to grip width, wear the bar hits in the hand, elbow position during take off and walk out were all good today. This was without a doubt the easiest my press has felt

I did sets of four but could have done all of five. Did one set at the end just to know and it was the strongest set of the day

Military press
stick x 5
45 x 5
65 x 5
85 x 3
105 x 2
120 x 1
135 x 4 x 4 sets
       x 5 x 1 set

44kg belt squat
13, 16, 18, 20
so strong. Really concentrated on keeping the tension on the legs throughout but also flexing the quads at the lockout. This should really help for the swing test cause that's where it's so hard at the finish; just locking out the legs.
Also I realize I have to up the reps and the lactic acid burn on this day. this exercise SHOULD be a major help to the test and I haven't been working it hard enough. They just freakin' hurt so damn much :)
Oh well.

Floor pushups PR for total volume
3 sets of 30
1 set of 20
110 total reps.

I was secretly hoping to get 4 sets of 30 but my triceps had other ideas.

Crawls
3 laps of 70 feet
strong

Rear delts
3 sets of 15 with 15's

haven't done these as light in awhile and slowing them down made them that much harder. all good

BW 162.4
BF 12.0
W 56.6


ok roll and stretch out tomorrow

datsit
DFQ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Mark.

Justin said...

Nothing like a military workout - want to use sandbags, keep hearing about them for working out.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...