Wednesday, November 02, 2016

28 kg Speed swings 10 min 1st w/o,walking lunges, parallel bar pushups, rear delts



The experiment was a success. The 28 was pretty much perfect for the job of challenging my cardio in the last five minutes of the workout. The weight felt light and swung easily 10 reps in 15 or less seconds. The first five minutes were not hard at all even while trying to maximize speed and power output.
But then it started challenging my wind and that's what I need for the test in March. It was about as hard to breathe as in the last 5 minute or so of a 20 min session with the 24 . But with a heavier bell so strength is being built as well.

Next week we'll do 11 min then 12 then re evaluate.
Left biceps tendon was out the last two days I think from too much getup practice. It was really bugging me despite lots of bodywork and I wasn't sure I could swing! but I figure it would either fix it or I couldn't do it and it was fine. As usual. The massage ball work loosened up all the tight ass tissue then the old pattern set things right.


Thank you :) It brought back bad old memories of being in pain and really restricted movement which, of course, leads to even more restricted and compensated movement. No bueno. But the combination of SMR and my windmill and scap work brought things back into place. Just got to go slower with the getup work.

28 kg Speed swings
15:15 x 10
20 sets
200 reps
12,600 lbs
RPE 6.5

Walking lunges BW
4 laps of 40 steps
unbroken

Definitely getting lots of lactic acid quad burn here, also just what I need. Even mo betta after the swings
 Have to  just let the burn burn. Embrace it. It's what burns the last half the swing test

Parallel pushups
3 sets of 25
last set hard after 20 but do able

Rear delts
3 sets of 15 with 15

love these still and put the finishing touch on the shoulder re balance

ok ruck up tomorrow.
Good to know this path is the right one

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...