Wednesday, November 16, 2016

28 kg Strength Speed swings 12 min, Sandbag lunges,parallel bar pushups, side delts



These were both strong and hard at the same time. Again I realized how important it is to have a serious mental rehearsal before I start these workouts. I was feeling fine, stretched and rolled and slept well last night, but just rolled into the workout not taking it seriously enough mentally.

And while I didn't pay a big price my mind drifted way too much for such an important workout.
The first five minutes were strong and then it started getting serious and I had to talk myself off the ledge more than a few sets.

Again, "shut up and go" was the mantra. Just like on Saturdays :)
This is achieving the goal the weight is heavy enough to really challenge my RFD ( rate of force development) when out of breath- just what I need to improve. And 12 minutes is tough, the most I've ever done with this weight.
The workout will alternate each week like this
wk 1 10 min
wk 2 12 min
wk 3 10 min
wk 4 14 min
wk 5 10 min

etc,
The 10 min workouts will be before a 10 x 10/10 saturday beast session.The longer ones will be before the 100 rep workouts

Strength speed
28 kg
15:15 x 10 reps per arm
24 sets
240 reps
15, 120 lbs ( that adds up quickly!)

Only a few sets of double breathing at the end
Not bad at all

Sandbag lunges
4 laps of 20 ft with 32 lbs

harder than usual. the bw are SO strong and these are still tough. good. Need a little more ankle and quad stretching before I go though, felt tight starting today

Parallel bar pushups
3 sets of 25
1 set of 20
 solid and haven't done a fourth set in forever

Side delt
3 sets of 15 with 15 stronger than usual today. Best height on reps ever

BW 164
BF 11.4
W 56.9

back to full AM fast now. been cheating too much makes a BIG difference to have a full no food am fast and just almonds at 10 no bars

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...