Saturday, November 19, 2016

52 kg One Arm Swing 10x10 PR, hack squats, sandbag pushups,rear delts



This worked great! I was more than a bit concerned as I have never even tried to swing this bell with one arm,much less for 10 reps but it was not a problem. AND, it worked exactly what I need to work too create overload for the five minute test:my grip.
Everything was fine until set five then the grip on my left hand started to be an issue. the right was fine but the left was tough. Hard enough that it limited my ability to accelerate because I was worried that 1) I would lose the bell and 2) it would strain my shoulder.
So I played it conservatively but I was happy that the weight didn't feel heavy, the cardio was no issue and the power was solid. This is definitely the route to take with this low volume day.
Hopefully this will make the 48 kg feel lighter next week.

No ramifications from Wednesdays strength speed workout either, and that is good.
Very very happy with this workout

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 4/4
36 kg x 4/4
40 kg x 4/4
44 kg x 3/3
48 kg x 3/3
52 kg x 10 x 10

One arm at a time. Just like the swing test. Only doing one arm really lets me concentrate on form control and power but 10 rep on the same arm really works specific strength and conditioning for the test

Barbell hacks
65 x 10
85 x 10
105 x 10 x 3 sets

high rep day is tough! Really locked out at the top and flexed hard to simulate the stress at the top of the swing
 makes a big difference.

Horizontal bar pushups sandbag
bw x 12
32 x 12 x 2
40 lbs x 10 PR!
very strong. slow and precise reps and lockout. This is feeling great

Rear delts
3 x 10 with 20 lbs
solid as usual. this has SO made a difference in my shoulder stability

BW 163.4
BF 10.8 % ?!!!
W 57.6  ( this is highest in a LONG time!)

must be the ice cream,lol and I'm only half kidding!

lets see if the storm that's coming in lets me ruck tomorrow

very happy

datsiT
DFQ

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...