Monday, December 19, 2016

140 lb Military Press 1x5,1x4,1x5,1x3,1x4, 48 kg belt squat, floor pushups, crawls, rear delts



Well I should have seen that coming. I was great after yesterday's ruck til about 6 pm when my right ankle started to hurt. then it hurt more and something felt locked up. I didn't ping it at all when I was rucking but something wasn't right

I tractioned it with bands and Tracy, stretched and rolled it but didn't really figure out what was up,The joint didn't move like it normally would when I stretched it and it felt locked on the lateral malleolus side.I couldn't weight bear on it well either and that always freaks me out. Especially on "good "side

Sleep didn't make it feel better and I tossed and turned a bit. When i woke up I realized it was probably a very tight tibialis posterior and soleus locking up the joint and I was right. Some supernova ball therapy on the those two muscles and things started moving right. I could walk normal and things moved as they should. still sore though but at least I knew what it was.

SUPER freaking cold in the gym today and never really got warm enough to get a good arch. Had trouble getting tight in the press but more importantly, staying tight. That's why my reps were so all over the place
Not enough arch, lean back, glutes, anything
The bar actually didn't feel heavy I just didn't have the endurance to fight the weight AND my tight and stiff body

Military Press
stick x 5 x 2
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 4
105 x 3 ( rushed here )
125 x 2  too hard, not back enough
140 x 5 not bad, actually
140 x 4 ran out of gas!
140 x 5 this is the video
140 x 3 too upright and not enough glutes
140 x 4 decent but had to grind HARD on the last rep
21 total reps compared to last weeks 23. but so much harder
 just feeling gassed. I literally felt NO soreness from the weekends training til 10 am today when my lats went DOMS like a big dog.
This didn't help my arch or my reps

48 kg belt squats
10, 12, 14, 15

these were just hard as I was tired and still cold

floor pushups
30
30
25

not bad but everything tired and stiff

Crawls
3 laps of 70 ft

just want to get this done

Rear delts
3 sets of 12 with 20

these felt strong

BW 165
BF 12.3
W 56.7

all weird. skipped my quest bar in lieu of psyllium and that didn't work

stretch and roll tomorrow

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...