Wednesday, January 18, 2017

24 kg speed swings 18 min,bw walking lunges ,parallel pushups, rear delts



Creatine for the win. Between the twice daily red meat I've been eating for the last ten days and 5gms of creatine I've been taking for the last three my short term power endurance seems to be better. Today was not hard at all, and solo at that.
That active warmup hot bath I started taking too makes short work of the meatlocker I train in. I start sweating just a few sets in now. It makes all the difference. I just suck in the cold, til I get fully warmed up, it's just how it is.

Also found a seriously good groove on my swings today and it really served me well. Allowed me to 'hit the hole' better than ever and get perhaps the best stretch reflex hinge I've ever gotten. If I can maintain this it will really make a huge difference in my swing and my test

24 kg speed swings
18 min
15:15 x 10
360 reps
19,080 lbs

No double breathing at all. Crazy good. solid power throughout too. Didn't even think about the clock at all even though I had to constantly look to see the go time but my mind was as solid as it's been in years with this.These long sessions are necessary for many reasons it seems but training the mind to be strong and relaxed at the same time seem to be at the top of the list

BW walking lunges
4 laps, these were hard, legs just pumped up.  which is a good thing

Parallel pushups
27
25
20

started way strong and I had visions of 3 sets of 17 but not to be. great pump though

Rear delts
3 sets of 12 with 15

slow and strict

am
BW 165.4
BF 12.3
W 56.7

1 pm post bath
BW 164.8
BF 9.5
W 59 !!!! best numbers in forever

ruck tomorrow but we'll see what I carry. It might just a no ruck ruck if this crazy rain keeps up. Just a fast walk might be interesting. Don't want to wait four days for my ruck to dry out again,

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...