Monday, February 13, 2017

140 lb Military Press 5x5 PR!! 44 kg belt squats, floor pushups PR, crawls, side delts



Thank goodness! I was truly not sure I would get this, even as the first four sets clicked off strongly.The groove felt good but my left biceps tendon was jumpy, never really messing up but threatening to.Did not give me confidence for the last reps.

But my mind was strong today. Well the 'over mind' was strong enough to shut up my monkey mind long enough to get the job done

Stopped actually thinking of technique and 'talking myself' through the set and told myself to just 'push it' and it worked great. Teshik was, though, bar high on chest big arch, then push back into a bigger arch on the negative. worked well, bar speed was good thoughout. Could really feel my triceps from the start.

AND I didn't get my warmup bath and thank messed with my head a bit before I let it go. Just freakin' shut up and do it.

Military Press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 4
105 x 3
120 x 3
140 x 5 x 5!! PR

44 kg belt squats
 4 sets of 12
solid

Floor pushups PR
3 sets of 35
strong all the way through

Crawls
low belly 3 x 70 ft

side delts
3 sets of 12 with 20lbs

strongest with 20's ever

BW 165.8
BF 11.9
W 56.9

all good, tomorrow stretch and roll

datsit
DFQ

1 comment:

health and fitness said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...