Sunday, February 19, 2017

Slow and steady ruck



I was somewhat hoping my legs and hips wouldn't be trashed today and I might get some fast laps in but that wasn't the case. All good stuff, but my glutes and upper legs and calves were tight right from the start and I knew there wasn't going to be any fast anything.
So I slowed the pace and just went for steady with more than few breaks to just stand there and let the legs lighten up. that actually helps quite a bit,kind of the same way a walking break loosened up the legs when I was doing long distance running.
Tight legs are slow and fast fatiguing legs.

But it was cool and overcast and beautiful out  and my mind was in the moment for a change and that was great.

50 lb ruck
12 laps
11 iso squats varied stances
2 hours even

 BW 166
BF 11.9
W 56.7

interesting

Military press tomorrow, 120 or 125 for sets of 3
starting the taper slowly now

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...