Monday, April 03, 2017

125 lb Military press, squat cleans,floor pushups,crawls, side laterals



This went well, AFTER the first four sets. Man it felt like I hadn't had a bar in my hands for years. Had a hard time setting my grip tight enough. When I finally did it went much better but it took a long time to get things to link up. Man when we say strength is a skill that's no joke. LOTS of moving parts to get everyone to play together. Strongly.

As well as proprioception. Remembering the 'feel' of everything working together is a key component of strength. Go away from it for awhile and it's very easy to lose 'touch' with your own body.
Just as their is good proprioception and kinesthetic awareness, so their is bad body awareness :(

Military press
stick x 5 x 2
bar x 5
65 x 4
85 x 3 ( it felt HEAVY, lol~)
85 x 2 better
105 x 3
125 x 3 x 8 sets  ( started ok then VERY strong last four sets.  easy, even

Squat cleans


SO EXCITED that these felt as good as they did. I went in thinking I would only be able to do them once every other week but I know they can now take the place of the belt squats. Plus, they include the clean so I don't need to do another workout just to get that in.

This means I can stay with barbell press every week and do the squat cleans everyweek as well. SO Much to explore and improve with this lift, including timing, but that's great! and this was also some serious lung work too! good news is that the position felt great, the squat even better and a nice stretchy bottom position helped.

I can go deeper but nice and elastic is the main thing

squat cleans
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg  5/5 x 3 sets

this will be a monster with a 32 kg!

Floor pushups
2 sets of 30
1 set of 25

got tired fast on this

crawls
3 sets of 70 ft

side delts
3 sets of 12 with 15's

BW 165.3
BF 11.2 %
W 57.2

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...