Monday, April 17, 2017

Military Press 145 x 8 x 3 PR,28 kg KB squat cleans, floor pushup ( pr) ,crawls, side laterals



I was tired today but strong! Very strange. Felt like I had no gas but then, things went! Weird indeed. I started out worrying whether I was actually going to be able to do triples and had mentally accepted doubles as ok but then the first set went for three, then the next ( which is the above video, which I took early cause I didn't expect to be able to get another! Only to end up with eight!

Each set felt better.took forever to warm up but even more, it took forever for my body to truly activate as one, as a whole; with maximum tension.

Those who don't understand why we teach max tension exercises on sub max weights don't know or accept the reality of how much strength is a skill. And you can't practice that skill with max weights. won't work.

Also, my grip! Anytime I lost total crush power on the barbell the rep wasn't as good or stalled out a bit. Re gripping and re torqueing the shit out of the bar was key!

I still have to re work the timing between when I set the hands and getting under the bar, taking the air and walking out. Very different than my old technique, without the emphasis on torque.

Also, I can't LOSE that torque as I'm setting up or the first rep is MUCH harder.

So much more to learn and perfect but this weight got crushed!

First time ever in work sets with over 140.

Military Press
stick x 5 x 2
45 x  5 x 2
65 x 5
85 x 3
105 x 3 ( felt HEAVY!)
125 x 2 better
145 x 3 x 8 sets PR!

Squat cleans
20 kg x 3/3
24 kg x 3/3
28 kg x 3/3 x 3 sets

perfect weight and workload for where I am right now with this movement- in the still learning phase.
Didn't try to drop under so much this time but instead drop down as soon as I solidified the clean
worked well


Floor pushups
2 sets of 35
1 set of 40 PR!

again, tired but very very strong. kind of exterior to my body, like the old days. Weird

Crawls
3 sets of 70

strong too

Side laterals
3 sets of 13 with 15

solid and could really 'feel' the medial head of the delt working specifically

BW 165.8
BF 12.7
W 56.6

body maintenance tomorrow. more rolling

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...