Saturday, May 06, 2017

44 kg One Arm Swings 1x8/8,45 lb CB Arm Cast, hacks, weighted pushups, side laterals



The groove is good. Very good. The best it's ever been, actually. I have a launching pad, a jumping off spot, a bottom to push off of and it makes so much difference. Watching the video I'm really happy with the height of the swing and the power all the way through. It's a major change from just a few months ago and really mastering this " hit the hole" position is making all the difference. Serious glute involvement too and my glutes were pumped today just as they should be, as the main driver in this movement

But my legs are working too, in sequence, and everything is stronger again. Speed swing day is crucial though, for keeping speed and strength endurance high, as well as pure muscle  memory.
Being able to hit the hole,in a swing or a squat or a jump is crucial for getting the total stretch reflex needed for total muscle activation. I never had one in my power squat for obvious reasons but I saw others do it all the time and always new it was the key to power. It looked so much easier than the 'search and destroy' mission I always went on; searching for some place to push off from.

So the top end power and more comfort in the backswing is paying off now.Very very nice feeling

One arm swings
 16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 x 5/5
28 x 5/5
32 x 4/4
36 x 4/4
44 x 8/8 x 10 sets
160 reps
15, 520 lbs

Clubbell arm casts


havent done these in ages and wanted to test if not doing snatches took the pressure off my left biceps tendon. It's been talking to me too much lately and I think it's the snatches so we'll see

CB Arm Casts
20 lbs x 10/10
25 lb x 8/8
35 lb x 6/6
45 lb x 5/5

wow these felt strong. heavy  with the 45 but definitely do able! handling all these heavy bells and the barbell press have definitely made a difference. I think these will stay in. The two hand versions dont bother my wrists. One arm stuff is done

Hacks
65 x 10
95 x 8
115 x 8
135 x 6
155 x 6  tie pr

strong

Horiz bar pushups
bw x 12
35 x 12 x 3

very strong

side raises
3 sets of 12 with 15

tired now

BW 167
BF 10.9 ( bath)
W 58.4

ok lets see how strong the ruck is

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...