Monday, June 26, 2017

150 lb Military press 5 x 3 PR,40 kg belt squat, floor pushups, crawls, side laterals



Really really really solid workout. First, I think I figured out the left bicep tendon thing. I've been pulling my elbow IN trying to get a vertical forearm and I think that's what tweaks it. I don't do that angle in pushups ( or bench press) so while I was trying to get to a theoretically ideal position it wasn't working

So, I just left it angle out towards an inverted V and bingo! NO bicep twinging or triceps loading!If this sticks it will make ALL the difference, I waste SO much time wondering if my shoulder is going to tweak or not before each set.

Second I have to lay back FIRST after the walkout and THEN press. SO much easier. I knew that, but forgot it ( one of my key principles, eh? The only thing harder than figuring things out is remembering to do them) That's why I am writing this down :)

Military press
 stick x 5
 bar x 5
65 x 4
85 x 3
105  x 2
125 x 2
140 x 2
150 x 3 x 5 sets

Strongest ever and strong from first to last rep. This is what I am aiming for in my press workout

44 kg Belt squat
12,14,16, 18

wow these were strong and easy today. About time I rebounded

Floor pushups
3 sets of 37

 hard but do able ( mainly last set)

Crawls
3 sets of 70

strong and fast

side laterals
3 x 10 with 20's

strong here too

all good

BW 164
BF 10.8
W 57.6

great reading!

off tomorrow

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...