Monday, August 28, 2017

125 lb Military press 5x5, 44 kg belt squats, wt floor pushup,crawls, side delt



Perfect day to do this. The technique worked beautifully and this was the best pressing I have done since I started putting an empty bar over my head 3 years ago. Could be just a good day but I really felt all the little pieces of techniques I've been working on have forged together.

The keys are

1) bar high on the chest on walkout
2) tighten glutes and lay back into arch
3) layback and press simultaneously
4) drive the bar back over my head from the start but ever more so as it ascends. NOT straight up
5) repeat 1-4 for EACH rep

this means I have to relean back into the arch, then re layback and press simultaneously for each rep. It seems like more work on paper but it's so much more efficient

I don't I've ever had the bar speed that I did today and mainly it's because I wasn't in my own way. For once.

All this time I haven't felt my press strength was the issue but my mobility restrictions keeping me from having an efficient groove.
All the BodyMaintenance work is paying off. My overhead today was the best in years and my handstand is back as well.

NeverQuit.

Military press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 3
105 x 2
125 x 5 x 5

44 kg belt squats
4 sets of 12

strong.

Floor pushups, 32 lb sandbag
3 sets of 25, 25, 20

these are tough! bag moves too much and that concerns me. I don't want to be loading one shoulder more than the other.

crawls
3 sets of 70 ft

fast

side laterals
3 sets of 12 with 15

BW 167.4
BF 11.9
W 57

datsit
dfq


No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...