Saturday, September 09, 2017

52 and 68 kg One Arm Swings,double 24 kg front squats,weighted pushups, Pbar Handstands, rear delts



Monster bells today! And it was not without fear. I am always cognizant and respectful of, what trying to move around heavy weights can do to me. Even as squared up as I am lately.
Plus we had some weirdo off the streets walk into the garage right before I was up for my first set and it really though me off, literally off balance on my first set. An objective lesson how hard it is to maintain balance with a one arm swing when the bell almost weighs as much as you.

But it got done. Left hand grip was, as usual harder than right, and kept me from accelerating more at the top BUT it was better than before so that's good progress



One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 4/4
36 kg x 4/4
40 kg x 4/4
48 kg x 4/4
52 kg x 5/5 x 5
86 kg x 5/5 x 5

Double 24 kg Front squats


Moved my stance in close than last week and it was excellent. Can't believe how good these feel now. Just LOVE being able to do them. Can really feel my abs working hard in the bottom too and the back holds up now. Thank goodness for that! Finally.

Weighted pushups
bw x 10
50 lb sandbag x 3 sets of 10

no problem

Pbar Handstand


5 reps really getting there now! SO happy!

Rear laterals
3 sets of 10 with 20 lbs
 easy

BW 168.4
BF 11.9
W 57

lets hope for another strong ruck tomorrow!

datsit
dfq

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...