Monday, October 16, 2017

190 lb Military press, 3 misses, 135 x 10 pr, 48 kg belt squat, floor pushups, crawls, side delts

 This was a strange one. Felt VERY strong but 'flat'. I don't recall adrenalizing much last week but perhaps I did.  Part of it was that this was  an afterthought and I didn't really care that much if I made it.  I just wanted to give it a try and that's all I got.

It never felt heavy but I couldn't get all the pieces right on any of my three attempts. I actually thought I was going to make each one! It just never felt heavy but I never got under the weight enough.

Looking at the video I can tell that I did make the corrections from last week:
1) I walked out with the chest up so i didn't lose connection to the bar

2) I layed back early

But I didn't initiate with a fast second layback and I think that's what cost me this lift. I think I was actually TOO confident in my strength and used too much arm and didn't lay back enough

attempt 1


the bar got way out in front and I decided not to chase it

the second attempt I got a little fire for. The pressure was off, so to speak as I had already missed. I got more but not enough second layback


Third attempt was closest


then a nice PR of ten reps with 135


It's all good, Again the weight never felt heavy at all which I think lulled me into a false confidence. I can't forget the exact tehcniques

Military Press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 2
120 x 1
140 x 1 ( easy)
160 x 1 ( no problem)
175 x 1 ( still solid)
190 x X
       x X
       x X

ack

48 kg Belt squat
4 sets of 12
strong.

Floor pushups
3 sets of 35
no problem

Crawls
3 sets of 70
slower and more deliberate

side delts
3 sets of 12 with 15

slower reps here too

BW 170
BF 12.5
W 56.5

ok I've got to cut some carbs. Don't want to be 170

next week back to 5x5 with 155

datsit
dfq

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...