Monday, November 20, 2017

160 lb Military press 8 sets of 3 PR and Goal wt.,Barbell back squat! 135 x 5, cb arm cast, rear delts



Was really knackered today from all the work this weekend and was worried I would not make all eight sets. Nothing hurt at all but I just felt flat and tired. Not particularly strong at work
Plus I knew I was going to attempt barbell squats and that had me worried too. Had no real idea I could hold the bar on my back, with my shoulders so tight

It all worked out well in the end but it took forever ( all warmups + 4 work sets!!) to feel strong and into it!

that's crazy
Military press
stick x 5
45 x 5
65 x 5
85 x 3
105 x 3
120 x 2
140 x 1
150 x 1
160 x 3 x 8 sets!!! PR

once my left biceps tendon stopped talking to me it helped a lot :)
takeaways
1) REALLY squeeze glutes on unracking/take off of bar. SO important. Bascially unrack the bar with the glutes
2) get the third step wide. this is crucial for fighting through the sticking point with balance
3) I HAVE TO LAYBACK THEN LAYBACK AGAIN AS I SHOVE! I can't forget this. If I just press from the initial position the bar goes up then forward. Once I layback I have to layback and drive at the same time, JUST like my bench press
4) flex the quads HARD right as I lay back. provides SO much more speed

Barbell Back squats ( first time since TKR with bar and first time since 2002 or so :)



Did some bar only warmups this AM at work and realized I could get the bar on my back, almost, but didn't know how it would feel with any weight. Actually it was not bad at all and I can tell this will really help my shoulder flexibility.

So ironic that this is exactly how I should have squatted when I competed. High bar  medium to narrow stance and with a weightlifters shoe. THIS is my position of leverage. I made the huge mistake, which I will never make again, of ignoring what my body and strength told me what was right, biomechanically , to try to use a technique not suited to my body at all.
Live and learn but this one had a very high price on my body

CB arm casts
25 lbs x 8/8 x 3

tired now. no crawls

Rear delts
3 x 10 with 20

strong but I'm done

BW 167.6
BF 13.0
W 56

ok needed day off tomorrow and much needed bodymaintenance!

datsit
dfq

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...