Wednesday, November 01, 2017

24 kg speed swings 20 min, walking lunges, parallel pushups, rear delts

Today is the five year anniversary of the inception of StrongFirst. I was lucky enough to be the Master SFG and Deputy Chief for the first ever SFG Level 1 cert in Woodlands Tx, March 13, 2013. It was a very special day. Although I left for awhile,  I am now truly realize how special and unique this group is as is the mission.

It's something I've been apart of since 2005,had the honor of helping to craft and grow it over many years with many very special people, not the least of which is Pavel.
After my TKR I truly have felt re born and coming back to StrongFirst and being part of this amazing school and group is a big part of it.

I felt like I sat on the bench for so many years because of my knee; trapped in perpetual rehab mode. And while I learned oh so many things during those years, being able to practice my strength training again, for real, is just an amazing gift. A miracle. really.  And it's just the beginning

24 kg speed swings
15:15 x 8 RPA
20 min
320 reps
16,960 lbs

strongest ever, really. No big deal at all, just another session but power output was very consistent throughout!

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps
stronger actually. really worked on stretching out the lead leg and dorsiflexion

Parallel pushups
3 sets of 35 !
finally feeling some strength on this day again

rear delts
3 sets of 12 with 20
strong

BW 169.2
BF 12.7
W 56.5
2645 cals

Off to Montreal tomorrow to teach a BodyMaintenance course. Love doing these and really showing people how easy it is to unlock themselves. Very empowering skill

datsit
DFQ


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...