Wednesday, January 03, 2018

24 kg Speed swings 15 min, 180 lb Military press (!),walking lunges, floor pushup pr, side delts



Wow what a day. Was not feeling confident about my decision to do swings first before I attempted max presses, and, to be honest, I was thinking it would be nice if 190 went today.  Slept well and all parts were on board except my mind.
Swings went well, with great power output, but I had to work hard to keep my mind from wandering into the press section to come

It was medium temp outside but inside the garage was 40 degrees, I took a very hot bath  before and felt ready but after swings I was a sweaty mess and had to change shirts as I don't like to press heavy in the cold. Should have put on even warmer clothes, I realize now.

My mind was all over the place, so many new techniques to do well and I wasn't even sure the exactness of each . but I had a good feel and warmups went very very well.

I took an even close grip; index finger on the start of the knurling, thumb on smooth and really worked to force my elbows in at the take off. I forgot to realize I also have to focus madly on KEEPING them in as I drive the bar up, then back and more back. and more back

AND don't let the glutes release one iota! the flat shoe helps this. I'm thinking I need chuck taylors for this

Speed swings
15:15
24 kg x 15 min
30 sets
240 reps
12,720 lbs

strength and power were good but I was huffing a bit more from the extra effort


Military press
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 3
105 x 2
120 x 1
135 x 1
150 x 1
160 x 1
170 x 1
180 x 1

3 lifts over 90 % max and 5 over 75 % max
not sure what that means but the correlations between my top end and my work sets if so much different than any other lift I've done. Any.

Walking lunges
3 sets of 40 steps in the rain :)

Floor pushups PR!
3 sets of 45!!
strong, too.

side delts
3 sets of 12 with 15's

4 am
BW 170
BF 11.9
W 57.1

was 168.4 immediately prior to the workout 1pm

datsit
dfq

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...