Saturday, January 06, 2018

40 kg One arm swings 10x10/10, 135 lb barbell hacks, military press (!), rear delts



Strange workout. Got some great news I've been waiting for right before the workout that got me amped, then both of my training partners had to bail. So had to do the biggest volume/intensity workout of the cycle by myself.
Embrace the Suck indeed :)

Took a few minutes to get my head right then we were off to the races. Not bad power at all, and the bell felt light, but my wind was rough. I was going pretty fast too, which I tried to slow down but I was also trying to get it over with as well so there was a bit of a conflict

Definitely got some met con work in. Hard to believe I could do 100 beast swings in 5 min not too long ago.That specific conditioning disappears so fast!

This challenge me though, physically and mentally and it was fine. Glad it was over though

Hacks



Like these better now without the extra plate.

65 x 8
85 x 8
115 x 7
135 x 7
155 x 6

strong

Military press
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 5
105 x 4
85 x 5
65 x 5 with pause overhead

didn't have anyone to put the sandbag on my shoulders for pushups so I figured why not some press practice? MAN I'm loving this lift now,especially the lighter days when I can just work on form. My shoulder mobility and ROM is so much better than it's been in eons!

Bullet Points
* getting under and taking out bar, elbows IN, timing of chest lift and hip extension simultaneously
* really creating and maintaining torque on take out and walkout
* lead walkout with shoulders back
* initiate press with shoulders slightly moving back before the press
*bigger focus on vertical forearms

Rear Delts
3 sets of 10 with 20s

BW 167.2 ?!
BF 11.9
W 56.9

very strange

Been wearing the Salomon 4D around the house and they are breaking in nicely it seems
Will take them out on a ruck next thursday

datsit
dfq

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...