Monday, February 05, 2018

160 lb Military Press 5x5 PR!!!, 44kg belt squat,parallel bar pushups,crawls, side raises



OOH YEA! that's what i'm talking about!!  THIS is what keeps me coming back. Know that it's out there. That THIS is possible. To be able to overcome my fears and weaknesses and tweaks and fatigue to do stuff like this after mucking up for so long

TO FIGURE IT OUT

Especially when nothing looks like it's really going to work

Sweet!

Felt solid coming in but that can mean nothing. Even my first set going well being strong could mean nothing.

You can always miss it on the last set

Five is a lot of heavy sets.

But it all went great! Just as I hoped for, the weight felt light, I could do the technique and it worked AND held and all the reps flew up easier than ever

This is what I train for. Days like these .THAT feeling of being so strong in your confrontation with the bar, with yourself, with your fear and being able to be confident enough to be aggressive and not have to hold back. Wow
That you're body won't betray you.
SO you can just PUSH

Military Press
45 x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 3
120 x 2
137.5 x 1
150 x 1
160 x 5 x 5 All time PR!!

Next week I go to 172.5 and work on getting 5 doubles.

I just still might have a chance at 190+ for my 61st birthday

44 kg belt squat
12, 14, 16, 18
the long slow inhale is making huge difference for higher reps it's a keeper

Parallel bar pushups
45
45
35

needed a change from floor pushups but it didn't save me any reps. I think floors better for the press assist.

crawls
3 laps 70 ft

strong and fast

side raises
3 sets of 12 with 20
ever since I learned medial delts are a phasic muscle I want to do heavier weights and lower reps


BW 169.6
BF 12.5
W 56.7

deserved day off tomorrow. need to roll out

datsit
dfq

4 comments:

Keprotica said...

Medial delts are phasic? This is news to me.

Mark Reifkind said...

it was news to me as well but I got it from David Weinstock

David Weinstock
January 6 ·
A common shoulder relationship we see in NKT is the one between the supraspinatus and the middle deltoid. The middle deltoid is a global mover, or phasic muscle. The supraspinatus is a local stabilizer, or tonic muscle. They both contribute to abduction of the humerus, with the mid delt being the primary mover. When a smaller synergist becomes the primary mover, due to posture or injury, trouble is not far behind. Extra stress on the supraspinatus can cause joint pain and sometimes a tear in its tendon. Release the supraspinatus and activate the mid delt if that's what you find in your testing. Taking the burden off the supraspinatus can cause immediate relief sometimes.

Mark Reifkind said...

even Chek's list has this too

http://chekinstitute.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/intelligent-stretching-grid.jpg

Mark Reifkind said...

in fact , upon searching I can't find where it says the delts at all are tonic

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...