Sunday, April 08, 2018

Pose Ruck and another great day



Man this was a great week that I didn't see coming at all! I've just been strong all week and kept getting stronger as each workout went by. Today was a good test as my rucking has been not anywhere near where I want it.
Or, where it was 6 months ago. Nothing drastic but nothing spectacular, either. It's not the lack of speed that's bothered me as much as  the heaviness of my legs and gait. I just haven't felt a  flow at all.

But, that changed today. After deciding part of my right SI and QL issues were hiking my hip up too dramatically in my gait pattern, and, that weighted gait has to be different than un weighted, I went back to my old technique of "Pose" walking.

Basically leaning into the step, almost 'falling' and then letting reflex take over to take the step. It worked fantastically and it was SO much easier than what i've been doing. Plus, it felt like what I USED to do, Especially when I was using the ruck as prep for my five min swing test and turning in so many great lap times.

Now that was kicking my ass, and I was NOT training for a 200 lb press either but still. I needed the flow.
Plus, the new creatine is much better it seems and the energy system was a go as well.
We'll see how the presses go tomorrow but I feel solid

50lb Ruck
12 laps
11 iso squats
1:55 min ( still took it easy on the squat laps to shake out my legs- lap times were good though)
Last lap 7:22 ( honestly thought it would be faster, closer to 7:00 but I'll take it)

and felt the freshest at the finish as I have in eons

BW 169.6
BF 11.5
W 57.3

170 lb presses tomorrow for as many reps (til 3) as I can. New approach

datsit!

Pose running
https://birthdayshoes.com/introduction-to-the-pose-method-of-running-posetech-an-introduction




No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...